How to have a virtual therapy session.
If you are ready to get started, here's a handy list of things to get you going.
You will need a computer/tablet or smart phone, internet connection, web cam and microphone (lots of people use a headset or the ear buds that come with an iPhone).
Step 1 ~ Download new patient paperwork.
- Once completed, send it to email@example.com
- We cannot move forward with a visit until the paperwork is received
Step 2 ~ Book an appointment through my online booking software (unless we did this together already).
Step 3! ~ Download and create a Skype account. Have one already - perfect.
- Find me on Skype and connect with me, so we are ready to go when it's time. I'm pretty easy to find and my photo is the same as the website - easy peasy.....
- Currently I use Skype - sometimes issues occur while online - we will do our best to have a complete session in the scheduled time. If we get disconnected - feel free to text me and we will create a back up plan - which often looks like a telephone call. (214-997-4697) If you call me, leave a message. The phone does not ring, only takes messages and texts. I'll call you back.
Step 4! ~ When it is time for your appointment, meet me on Skype.
- I'm typically very timely, so if I'm not on, text me to let me know you are waiting, which will let me know something is wacky.
Please understand that I will do my best to make sure your information is secure, but realize the internet is a big place and information is not as secure as having a face to face session in a secure office. I will do everything within my power to protect your privacy.
Please contact me with any questions. 214-997-4697
I have been using Skype for several years, however I have been looking for something more HIPAA compliant that uses the same or less internet bandwidth. I'll be testing this product to see if it is a match. VSee HIPAA-compliant telemedicine technology - Used by NASA astronauts aboard the International Space Station